help-gnutls

Re: GnuTLS Re-Handshake Fails

From: Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos
Subject: Re: GnuTLS Re-Handshake Fails
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 21:51:24 +0200

On 05/23/2011 07:24 PM, Dash Shendy wrote:

> What is your server and what options do you have? Why do you do
> rehandshake in the first place?
> The server closed the session for some reason. Your server log might
> have more information. But don't just post logs, explain what you are
> doing.

Ok, so did you modify gnutls-cli to perform a rehandshake? Is that the
case? HTTPS servers do not really support re-handshake (there is no
real reason to), except for when they initiate it. mod_gnutls at least
should behave like that. That is because the prominent reason to
initiate a rehandshake is to upgrade credentials (i.e. require the
client to send his certificate).

So what you see is actually mod_gnutls closing your session because
you asked for rehandshake. If you request a URL that requires client
authentication is would ask for rehandshake by itself.

regards,
Nikos