help-gplusplus

g++ free function conflict

From: BlueDoze
Subject: g++ free function conflict
Date: 1 Aug 2004 05:06:08 -0700

Hello,

I'm working on some application, and the application uses a library
that defines the function free(), when trying to compile the
application with g++ 3.2.3 it gives me the error:
declaration of C function 'void free()' conflicts with
/usr/include/malloc.h: previous declaration 'void free(void *)'

I understand the reason of this error, but I was working on cygnus
compiler before, and that error didn't appear with Cygnus.

Is there a way to disable that error, I know what I'm doing here.

Bluedoze