help-gplusplus

Re: Why doesn't code from TYC++in21days work?

From: Guy Harrison
Subject: Re: Why doesn't code from TYC++in21days work?
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 10:00:22 GMT

Gerald Lafreniere wrote:

> Thanks for the advice.  I really am trying to learn to program.  I have
> read The C Programming Language, Teach Yourself C in 24 Hours, TYC SQL
> in 24 hours, PostgreSQL, and part way through TYC C++ in 21 days.  This
> is the first time that I have posted a question in newsgroups in years.
> I apologize for anything that is inappropriate.
>
> Thanks again,
> Gerald Lafreniere

Lurk on alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++ for a bit and grab the FAQ. They, along
with comp.lang.c(.moderated) & comp.lang.c++(.moderated), deal with all the
*standard* language features.

In case you've not encountered it, another online resource...

http://www.bruceeckel.com/Books/TICPP/ThinkingInCPP2e.html