help-gplusplus

Compiler doesn't create some static class members

From: Johan_De_Taeye
Subject: Compiler doesn't create some static class members
Date: 3 Feb 2005 02:03:29 -0800

Hello,

Sorry, my code had some typo indeed...

Following the comparison with the librarian: The way the metadata is
used seems to make it difficult for the librarian to understand that
the metadata objects are required on its 'needed' list.
E.g. when a metadata object is created, it is added to an stl-map.
When my application needs to create an object, a lookup in that map is
done and the matching factory method is called.   The librarian
doesn't understand such an 'indirect' need for the metadata objects...

I ended up adding a library initialization function like this:
  initialize()
  {
    A:meta;   // Doesn't do anything, but creates an explicit
reference to the
              // metadata object.
    B:meta;
  }
It's less "clean" as I had hoped, but it works...

Regards & thanks for your answers!

Johan