help-gplusplus

Re: shared versus archive library

From: Greg
Subject: Re: shared versus archive library
Date: 2 Nov 2005 10:46:41 -0800

Thanks, Paul.
Producing a test case for the problem at hand is not really that
trivial.  The executable links with a dozen libraries.  Each library
has a couple of dozen object files.  So the elimination process is not
that quick.  What I will do is separate some of the offending object
files into a separate library.  It will be linked in by whoever needs
the functionality in it and nobody else.  That should accomplish the
task.

As to the bug, coming up with a trivial case example is not easy for
the same reason: too many libraries and object files.  I even suspect
that the sheer number of them might be causing this problem.

Thanks for your advice.

Greg