help-gplusplus

Re: intertance and base constructor

From: Ulrich Eckhardt
Subject: Re: intertance and base constructor
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 20:47:00 +0100

Mike - EMAIL IGNORED wrote:
> I have a class that may or may not be inherited.
> Its constructor calls a function that should be
> called only if the class is not inherited.  Is
> there a way to tell, other than simply passing
> a bool argument?

Two things here:
1. in the ctor of the baseclass, the dynamic type of the object is
'baseclass', so it is technically (and as far as virtual function calls
are concerned) not a derived object.
2. You might get some real advise if you described what you want to
accomplish in a C++ related newsgroup (comp.lang.c++.moderated). Also, I
don't see how this has anything to do with the GCC.

Uli

--
http://gcc.gnu.org/faq.html
http://parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/