help-gplusplus

Re: structs and STL stack

From: red floyd
Subject: Re: structs and STL stack
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 20:17:58 GMT

Christian Christmann wrote:
On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 17:56:17 +0000, red floyd wrote:

Two things.

1. you generally want to divorce type declarations and variable
declarations.

Sorry, but what do you exactly mean by that?

2. It looks like you might be declaring storeInfo as local to a function.
You can't use a local type declaration as a template param.

This was exactly my problem. But why can't I use a local type declaration
in a template?

Because the Standard says so.