help-gplusplus

Re: moving a file with template code to another directory breaks compile

From: Paul Pluzhnikov
Subject: Re: moving a file with template code to another directory breaks compile -- more info
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 21:17:21 -0800

u19809 <rc20683@chello.be> writes:

> I have made a program without templates and that does not work either

The way your command lines are wrapped makes it very difficult to
compare them. Reformatting, I find that your compile and link
lines are different, and that you've omitted part of the first
link line.

Some of the differences (bad compile is marked '<', good with '>'):

< -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include
> -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0/include

< -I/usr/include/cairo

< -I/usr/include/pango-1.0
> -I/usr/include/pango-1.2

< -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include
> -I/usr/include/glib-2.0/include

> -I/usr/include/freetype2

Now, it may be that these differences don't matter.

But you claimed that the *only* thing different was the location of
the source, and that appears to be a falsehood.

Since you already "lied" once, I don't know how much trust to put
into your statement that there are no significant differences between
the preprocessed files.

There is probably quite rational explanation to what you are
observing. I suggest you start by moving just one file from original
location to the new location, compiling it with the *exact* same
command (you may need to adjust -I though), and convince yourself
that the set of symbols in the object is exactly the same.

Cheers,
Remove /-nsp/ for email.