help-gplusplus

Re: Running initial code when in library

From: Paul Pluzhnikov
Subject: Re: Running initial code when in library
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 14:31:15 -0700

"Paulo Matos" <pocmatos@gmail.com> writes:

> Any ideas on how can I know if the code is linked as shared or as
> static?

What's the link command line?

Add to it '-Wl,--verbose' and you'll see which libraries the linker
is actually using.

You can also easily verify my guess (that the objects you expect
aren't actually linked in):

- edit one of the sources that "fails to register", add:

  void function_that_is_never_called() { }

- rebuild
- run

   nm your_exe | grep function_that_is_never

If the output is nothing, my guess is corect.
If you get

  <some-hex-number> T function_that_is...

then my guess is wrong.

Cheers,