help-gplusplus

Re: how to build multiple files program with gcc, cygwin?

From: Ulrich Eckhardt
Subject: Re: how to build multiple files program with gcc, cygwin?
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 05:08:42 +0100

nvinhphu@gmail.com wrote:
> I would like to build a C++ program using g++ compiler. However, I do
> not know how to compile several files without using an IDE.

g++ $(CXXFLAGS) -c file1.cpp
g++ $(CXXFLAGS) -c file2.cpp
g++ $(LDFLAGS) -o program file1.o file2.o

You'd be better off using a makefile though.

> My questions are:
> 1. Is there any IDE with g++ compiler for Windows? If any, it is free
> or not? :-)

DevC++ is one IDE, though I don't know if it works with Cygwin or just
native win32. Other IDEs might exist and work for Cygwin like kdevelop or
anjuta.

> 2. If no, I could use emacs, for example, to write the code. How to
> compile the code then?

Well, use the compiler. Oh, and emacs will also help you write makefiles.

Uli

--
http://gcc.gnu.org/faq.html
http://parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/