help-gplusplus

Re: [G++ n00b] Include and lib files

From: Stefan Kristensen
Subject: Re: [G++ n00b] Include and lib files
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 20:20:01 +0100

So: How do I tell g++ where to look for include files?

Most likely /usr/local/include will be on the include path for your g++ by default, so:

It is.

    #include "mysql/mysql.h"

This gives: test1.cpp:2:47: mysql/mysql.h: No such file or directory
If I use the -I option, it finds the mysql.h file. What's wrong?

After compiling with the -I option, I get: undefined reference to 'mysql_init'. The guide I found refers to mysql.lib which obviously(?) is a Windoze file. In the /lib/mysql folder I see quite a few files. Which one should I include (with the -l option?) to make it work?

Best regards
Stefan