help-gplusplus

How to use Cygwin GCC in Windows 64 bit

From: DT
Subject: How to use Cygwin GCC in Windows 64 bit
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 15:46:38 -0000

Sorry for this newbie question but I have spent the whole day looking
for the solution on the internet.

I have a program written in Linux 64 bit. Now, I've just upgraded my
home PC to Windows 7 64 bit. I cannot call gcc anymore as it throws
the message:

"This version of file is not compatible with the version of Windows
you're running. Check your computer's system information to see
whether you need a x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the
program, and then contact the software publisher."

How should I go around this problem? Thanks.