Re: boot uncompressed linux image on i386 arch.

From: adrian15
Subject: Re: boot uncompressed linux image on i386 arch.
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2008 16:07:45 +0200

En/na Pazzo Da Legare ha escrit:
Dear Adrian,

but bzImage is not a gzipped kernel. Or maybe I'm wrong?
I have seen the gzip command in the patch you sent to us.

And whenever you load a kernel an internal gunzip process happens at Grub or at least that's what I think.

I know bzImage has is made by a payload (compressed) plus code to uncompress it.
I did not know that.
Are you referring to other compilation result other than bzImage?

Just tested.

GRUB is not happy with the kernel image format....any clue?

I might be wrong after all.

Support free software. Donate to Super Grub Disk. Apoya el software libre. Dona a Super Grub Disk.