How do I reclaim..

From: Thomas Joseph
Subject: How do I reclaim..
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 10:10:10 -0800 (PST)

Hi All,

This is the scenario:

I have a server running (RHEL 5), and the /boot/grub directory is
deleted. I am sure that it will not reboot :(

I did the grub-install and it created everything including device.map.
My problem is that I still do not have grub.conf file.

Is there a way that I can recall the previous boot parameters from
within a running system ?

Like I execute,

# command_1 [params] [options] that will print

title RedHat EL
root (hd0,0)
kernel ........
initrd ........

that I can safely save to grub.conf ? or may be that creates
the grub.conf itself ?

TIA

tomjosif