GRUB2 Multi-Boot Menu Problems

From: Tom Davies
Subject: GRUB2 Multi-Boot Menu Problems
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 11:14:28 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Miguel Moura Paredes :)

This is a standard problem with Windows7 and Vista but it is not as bad as it looks.  Apart from the menu items text being wrong once you select the one you want there are no hidden extras going on when you boot.  For example choosing the "Windows Recovery" option does a completely normal boot into normal (not recovery) Vista.  I have not used any of the ways of fixing this but this documentation might be able to help
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Grub2#Configuring%20GRUB%202
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Grub2#Custom Menu Entries
Please let us know how this goes because the documentation might need a bit of tweaking and anyway it would be nice to know how we can improve it (or you can try tweaking it yourself of course, like Wikipedia articles).

Usually i just try to get Windows to the top of the menu and make it the default but i can't even remember how to do that at the moment!
Sorry this is not a great reply but hopefully the documentation might make more sense to you than it makes to me!
Good luck and regards from
Tom :)