Grub 0.97 + systemrescuecd

From: BigAl . NZ
Subject: Grub 0.97 + systemrescuecd
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 23:04:32 +0000

Hiya All,

I am trying to get a systemrescueCD loaded onto a hard disk, so I can boot from the HDD raher than the CD, and so that I can make some chages which persist between reboots.

In order to do this I have followed a guide, but basically, formatted the hdd, copied some kernel files across and installed grub legacy. Also created a grub.conf in (hd0.0)/boot/grub/grub.conf

Thee problem is the grub does not appear to be finding the grub.conf because when I boot I get to the grub command prompt, rather than the option to boot the OS, yet if I manually invoke the grub.conf with the command configfile (hd0,0)/boot/grub/grub.conf the system loads. So I am conlcuding the problem lies with the grubloader not finding the grub.conf?

Anyone able to help me resolve this please? I am new at grub and this is about the limit of my knowledge with it.

The guide I have been following is located @ http://www.sysresccd.org/Sysresccd-manual-en_Easy_install_SystemRescueCd_on_harddisk

Thanks in advance,

-Al