"grub-install" (Grub2) on Mac and Windows

From: Nick
Subject: "grub-install" (Grub2) on Mac and Windows
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2011 22:15:28 +0200

Hello.
Is it possible to install grub2 onto a flash drive from Windows or Mac OS X? Is grub2 crossplatform (is there any way to build grub2 for these 2 systems)?
If yes, I am wondering, if there are some tutorials about this? Everything that I have found was related to Linux, mostly.
If no, is there any other good boot loader that is crossplatform?

Thank you!
Nick