about extracting grub2 files from mbr

From: address@hidden
Subject: about extracting grub2 files from mbr
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 13:34:11 +0100 (CET)

Hi all,
I don't know if I'm asking in the right ML, but I hope so :) I'd like to know
if there's a way
to extract what's in the mbr knowing that there is grub2 installed on it.
Let me explain this in a bettter way: we have adopted in our company a
Symantec software called
PGP Desktop to manage disk encryption, which installs a modified grub2 boot
loader to let
authorized users to boot the OS. I'm not familiar with bootloaders and how
they are installed so...
first thing I wanted to be sure is if the mbr is encrypted (I really doubt it)
and if there's a way to extract
everything it is inside to see if it stores the PGP key somewhere in it. Yeah
I know my question
seems like "hey, help me hack this one" but I'm just concerned about my
computers security,
and since its bootloader is based on grub2 maybe you can/want help me, if not
no problem.

Thanks a lot.

David