Re: grub2-mkconfig doesn't detect EFI Windows 7

From: Chris Murphy
Subject: Re: grub2-mkconfig doesn't detect EFI Windows 7
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 15:25:59 -0600

On Apr 15, 2012, at 10:37 AM, Greg White wrote:

I am trying to setup a dual boot of Ubuntu and Windows 7 x64 both EFI installs.  grub-mkconfig detects my linux kernels but fail to detect my Windows 7 EFI install.

Seems like you'd use a UEFI menu to choose either grub.efi or the Windows .efi bootloader, also stored on the disk's EFI System partition. But I'm finding a lot of sincerely hideously crappy (E)EFI implementations. You might see if the rEFInd fork of rEFIt can help you with a more selectable menu.

Chris Murphy