Re: GRUB on EFI:

From: Giovanni Mascellani
Subject: Re: GRUB on EFI:
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2012 09:59:30 +0200

Hi.

Il 02/09/2012 09:44, Simon Hobson ha scritto:
> Giovanni Mascellani wrote:
>
>> PS. I'm a bit disappointed by this list: there are a lot of questions,
>> but really few answers. Not blaming anyone, of course, but the net
>> result isn't very helpful...
>
> Only been here a short while myself, but I get the impression there
> aren't many of us. Can't help as I'm a novice myself.
> I think part of the problem is that for the vast majority of people,
> grub isn't something they "use" - the installer sets it up for them and
> they never have to do anything with it. It's only when there's a
> problem, and of course to help with that means having an "expert" to hand.

What really amaze me is that nobody (in the Linux world) still appears
to be using EFI bootloaders. Both this and elilo mailing lists are
mostly silent, documentation is very scarce and rarely goes beyond the
simple set up howto (which was, in my experience, insufficient, although
interesting). Nevertheless, EFI computers are becoming increasingly
popular, so I hope this is going to change.

Giovanni.
--
Giovanni Mascellani <address@hidden>
Pisa, Italy