calling bash script from grub menu.lst

From: Saqlain Abbas
Subject: calling bash script from grub menu.lst
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 23:03:05 +0500

Hello,

Is it possible to call bash scrip from grub menu.lst? My use case is explained below, i got hierarchy like below kindly have a look...

mainmenu.lst
                      submenu1.lst
scrip executed and base on user input  it may result in some files changes in /etc or may create some new files etc

from submenu1.lst we can go back to mainmenu.lst

from mainmenu.lst I will boot the system.

And one more thing for such menu system in grub? Should i choose grub or grub2?
--
Kind Regards,
Saqlain Abbas.