Question: skip menu, but enter by keypress

From: Aleksey Midenkov
Subject: Question: skip menu, but enter by keypress
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2013 08:58:20 +0400

Is it possible as in LILO to make such configuration:

don't show menu, don't do timeout, run default menu entry unless SHIFT
key is pressed.

If SHIFT menu is pressed, then enter menu.

Why I'm asking, because how it's done in Grub -- enter to menu is
possible only if timeout is set to > 0 is something I don't like. I
don't want to spend 1 more sec on each reboot just because it is
required for the ability to enter menu.