Re: error on installing grub in a UEFI xen guest: " File system `fat' do

From: suse . dev
Subject: Re: error on installing grub in a UEFI xen guest: " File system `fat' doesn't support embedding." & "embedding is not possible, but this is required for cross-disk install." ?
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 06:06:30 -0800

On Mon, Feb 22, 2016, at 09:24 PM, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
> You cannot use GRUB for EFI platform in domU. You can use either legacy
> BIOS platform (i386-pc) on HVM guests or Xen platform (i386-xen or
> x86_64-xen) on PV guests. Latter is not autodetected by grub-install (we
> probably should add it).

I found the right syntax to use, @
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GRUB/EFI_examples

  grub-install --target=x86_64-efi --efi-directory=/boot/efi
--bootloader-id=arch --recheck

But that's clearly for non-Guest, baremetal use.

Is GRUB efii-platform going to be added?  Or do we need to switch to different,
less-flexible bootloader, maybe systemd-boot or clover?