help-gsasl

Re: ANONYMOUS SASL profile

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: ANONYMOUS SASL profile
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 19:02:10 +0100

Francis Brosnan Blazquez <address@hidden> writes:

>> > Simon, thanks for your clear and quickly reply.
>> >
>> > BTW, we are using GSASL for the BEEP stack [1] we are working on.
>> You
>> > could find it at: http://vortex.aspl.es.
>>
>> Thanks, I added a link to it on the GSASL home page.
>>

> Great! I'm looking at http://www.gnu.org/software/gsasl/ and
> http://josefsson.org/gsasl/ but I'm not able to find the Vortex Library
> reference. Maybe I'm visiting the wrong GSASL home page.

Savannah's CVS server has changed recently, updating has been slow.
I've fixed josefsson.org now, but www.gnu.org will have to wait until
someone else fixes that machine.  Thanks for pointing this out!

> This is actually the method that are using the Gtk+/GLib devolpers. They
> are still using mingw32 (or VS, it doesn't matter) but at the same time
> they maintain the .def file adding/removing API entry points as needed.
> This allows them to produce the import library file (.lib) while using
> VS.
>
> Maybe this is the only method to keep on using mingw while keeping
> Windows platform ISVs/software developers happy.

Generating the .def file automatically should not be difficult.  The
call to libtool in lib/src/Makefile.am contain:

        -export-symbols-regex '^(gsasl|GSASL).*'

These are the symbols that would have to be added to a *.def file.

I think Libtool should be able to generate the DLL automatically.
That doesn't seem difficult to achieve, given the instructions on the
web pages I posted, and the information Libtool already has (the list
of symbols).  Perhaps the GTK+/GLIB developers should look into
improving Libtool rather than doing this manually, as it would "fix"
all libraries using Libtool...  I don't have time to look into this
for free now though.

Thanks,
Simon