help-gsasl

Re: gsasl - digest-md5 question.

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: gsasl - digest-md5 question.
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 15:41:28 +0200

Andery Melnikov <address@hidden> writes:

>> I can't reproduce it.  The gsasl 1.1 DIGEST-MD5 server defaults to only
>> sending qop=auth.  You need to set the GSASL_QOPS property explicitly to
>> request qop=auth-int with gsasl 1.1.
>
> Sorry, I'm stuppid. I'm try to use GSASL_QOP in server context.
>
> Maybe rename property names to GSASL_CLIENT_QOP and GSASL_SERVER_QOP
> to avoid mistakes ?

That would be confusing for a SASL mechanism that allows the client to
request qops and the server to pick one... ...on the other hand, there
are no such SASL mechanisms today.

Perhaps better names would be GSASL_QOP and GSASL_QOP_SET to more
clearly separate the just-one-qop case from the list-of-many-qops case.
What do you think?

/Simon