help-gsasl

Re: Possible issue with static win32 gsasl

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: Possible issue with static win32 gsasl
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 00:08:39 +0200

Lothar May <address@hidden> writes:

> Thanks for the feedback! Also, thanks for the hint in the announcement
> that 1.5.x is still experimental. At this time I do not need Kerberos,
> but I would like to stick to the official builds if possible. So when
> I switch to 1.5.x, I will use the shared libraries - that should be
> totally fine.

I have prepared both 32-bit and 64-bit builds of GNU SASL without any
external dependencies, should be available as follows soon:

http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gsasl/gsasl-1.5.2-x64.zip
http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gsasl/gsasl-1.5.2-x64.zip.sig
http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gsasl/gsasl-1.5.2-x86.zip
http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gsasl/gsasl-1.5.2-x86.zip.sig

The KfW variant will also be available:

http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gsasl/gsasl-1.5.2-x86-kfw322.zip
http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gsasl/gsasl-1.5.2-x86-kfw322.zip.sig

I'll re-add builds with GnuTLS and/or GSS/Shishi support eventually too.

I should get the 1.5.x branch released as a stable 1.6.x soon, I don't
really have any pending todo items left.  I have still not done GS2-KRB5
interop with anyone else, but I could note that in the release notes and
reserve the right to incompatibility change my implementation if it
turns out I made some mistake.

/Simon