help-gsl

[Help-gsl] SVD Problem

From: Kaustubh Patil
Subject: [Help-gsl] SVD Problem
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 22:31:22 -0700 (PDT)

He,

I found that the Q & U , columns & rows (respectively) are multiplied by -1;
this is also a possible solution of SVD. But is there any way to get answer
equivalent to MATLAB?

I jsut want eigenvalues & eigenvectors of a symmetric matrix. But the
eigenvalue routine of GSL  also gives different answer than MATLAB. Any
suggestions ?

Thanks,
Kaustubh

Kaustubh Patil
Project Assistant - II,
CEPD,
National Chemical Laboratory,
Pune - 08, INDIA

kaustubhp_in AT yahoo DOT com
(kaustubhp AT sancharnet DOT in ; for academic)