Re: [Help-gsl] gsl_vector_complex to packed array

From: Brian Gough
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] gsl_vector_complex to packed array
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 18:37:24 +0000

Leonardo Didier Coelho writes:
 > I'm writing a simulation program in C++ and I have a
 > signal which is a *gsl_vector_complex type. I want to
 > get the FFT of this signal. Is there any function to
 > convert  *gsl_vector_complex into packed array? How
 > should I perform the FFT?

gsl_complex_packed_array is equivalent to double *
I've added the following paragraph to the manual to explain it better:

     To perform an FFT on a vector argument `gsl_complex_vector * v' use
  the following definitions or their equivalents in the functions
  described below,

       gsl_complex_packed_array data = v->data;
       size_t stride = v->stride;
       size_t n = v->size;

best regards

Brian Gough