help-gsl

RE: [Help-gsl] Additional parameters in Non-linear least-squares fitting

From: KENNETH.MCFARLANE
Subject: RE: [Help-gsl] Additional parameters in Non-linear least-squares fitting?
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 16:03:23 -0400

Thanks.  I was able to get this to work on my sample problem, with the
following combination:
the number of parameters to be fit nfit = 3.
the number of parameters for the function npars = 4 (the first 3 are the ones
to be fit)
set f.p = nfit;
gsl_vector length npars
gsl_matrix *covar = gsl_matrix_alloc (nfit, nfit);
s = gsl_multifit_fdfsolver_alloc (T, n, npars);
gsl_multifit_fdfsolver_set (s, &f, &x.vector);

the functions f.f and f.df use all four parameters, but the fourth is treated
as a constant.

No error messages about vector length and the result on a test is 'correct.'

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Ken McF