help-gsl

Re: [Help-gsl] documentation miss

From: Brian Gough
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] documentation miss
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 11:37:05 +0000

At Mon, 19 Feb 2007 14:31:07 +0100,
Marco Maggi wrote:

> Ciao,
>
>   I dunno if it is fixed in the latest CVS version (sorry)
> but for GSL 1.8:
>
> - gsl_stats_pvariance() and gsl_stats_ttest() are not
>   documented;
>
> - the 'n_tries' field of 'gsl_siman_params_t' is documented
>   but gsl_siman_solve_many() is not, so it is a little
>   confusing.
>
>   I also see that gsl_siman_solve_many() allocates memory
> with malloc() but does not check the result (this is not
> so good for my Guile interface); will this be fixed?

Hello,

Not all the functions are documented, only the ones recommended for
use.  Some are just left over or under development.  So if you make a
wrapper you don't need to handle them if they are not documented.

I think gsl_siman_solve_many is just a left over function, but if you
want to send a patch I can apply it.

--
Brian Gough

Network Theory Ltd,