help-gsl

[Help-gsl] Re: C/C++ speed optimization bible/resources/pointers needed,

From: Bojan Nikolic
Subject: [Help-gsl] Re: C/C++ speed optimization bible/resources/pointers needed, and about using GSL...
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 10:28:48 +0100

Hi Michael,

I would recommend reading the Intel Optimization Manual. The version
for more recent processors is available at this address:

http://www.intel.com/design/processor/manuals/248966.pdf

which is linked from the following page:

http://www.intel.com/products/processor/manuals/index.htm

There are quite a few examples and many of the topics are relevant to
older/other processors.

Also before putting in an effort to specifically optimise any
particular piece of code I would highly recommend using a
tick-counting profiler such as oprofile to find the actual bottle
necks.

Good luck!

Best,
Bojan

--
Bojan Nikolic               Tel:  +44 1223 339991
Astrophysics Group          Mob:  +44 7894 223621