help-gsl

Re: [Help-gsl] GSL Windows Port

From: John Pye
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] GSL Windows Port
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 13:24:58 +1100

There is an excellent packaging of GSL 1.8 for use with MinGW GCC in the
GnuWin32 project. IMHO MinGW is superior to Cygwin because it enables
redistribution of binary code that depends on (for example) GSL with
requiring users to also first install Cygwin. And in my experience
programs run faster without the Cygwin1.dll dependency and POSIX emulation.

http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/gsl.htm

This packaging of GSL obviously needs to be updated to the current
version (probably just for lack of a volunteer), but it's very good all
the same. Jerry St Clair did the packaging for GnuWin32, so I've CCed
him here, just in case he's still keen :-)

Cheers
JP