help-gsl

[Help-gsl] gsl_siman() and best solution using vector<int>

From: Stefano Bolli
Subject: [Help-gsl] gsl_siman() and best solution using vector<int>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 17:56:15 +0200

Hi.

I've a problem using gsl_siman(...), I'm using version 1.11 of the GSLlibrary.
Reading the documentation I expect that at the end the pointer to initial
solution
now point to the memory that contain the representation of the best solution
found executing the algorithm.
Executing my program I correctly obtain the evaluation of the best cost,
BUT
the solution returned is simply the last computed and not the best !!!

Infact in my example if I compute the cost of the representation returned I
obtain a cost of 5600
so that it means that it is the representation of the last computed position
and not the best one.

My results are:

#-iter  #-evals   temperature     position   energy    best energy
119       361   0.000700147    5600          3680          3680

Have you some idea about this problem?

Note that I am using vector<int> as data structure to rapresent my problem.

Thanks.
Best Regards.

Stefano Bolli