help-gsl

Re: [Help-gsl] _Decimal32 support and compiling the library

From: Brian Gough
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] _Decimal32 support and compiling the library
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 11:34:10 +0100

At Wed, 25 Jun 2008 12:09:53 -0400 (EDT),
Hollin R. Wilkins wrote:
> I keep on getting the following error when I try to run ./configure:
>
> $ ./configure
> ./configure: line 1722: syntax error near unexpected token `gnu'
> ./configure: line 1722: `AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(gnu no-dependencies)'
>
> My guess is that I have a bad version of automake or a missing dependency,
> but I am not sure which.

Hello,

If you checked out the source, did you run ./autogen.sh successfully?
There is more information on how to build from scratch in the HACKING
file.

> Can anyone help with this problem? Does anyone see any problems with
> developing a _Decimal32 implementation of the vectors, matrices, and
> blocks?

To be honest I haven't seen any practial need for decimal arithmetic
in scientific calculations, so I wouldn't want to add support for it
in the main distribution.  But if you want to distribute a patch
yourself I guess that's not a problem.

--
Brian Gough

GNU Scientific Library -