[Help-gsl] Quick FFT question

From: Nghia Ho
Subject: [Help-gsl] Quick FFT question
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 09:37:42 -0700 (PDT)

I need to implement an algorithm that makes use of the FFT to do some basic
signal processing. Basically, given an array of numbers I would like to extract
the coefficients of the N lowest frequency components.

The GSL document says the results are laid out such that index from 0 to N/2
are the positive frequencies and the rest are negative. My mathematical
knowledge of FFT is limited so please bare with me on the next question. I see
the real values are the same for both positive/negative side, but imaginary
values flip. So if I take the magnitude (|Re + Imz|) of the first N values of
the positive side would that give me what I want?