help-gsl

[Help-gsl] QAWF integration algorithms and low frequencies

From: Simone Pigolotti
Subject: [Help-gsl] QAWF integration algorithms and low frequencies
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 14:15:40 +0200

Hello all,

I just implemented the function *gsl_integration_qawf() *which I need to
calculate some
Fourier integrals. I'm testing with some simple example like the Fourier
transform of a Gaussian
function but it is giving me problems: the result is correct exept for very
small frequencies, where
the functions returns zero as a result (of course the result of the integral
of the distribution X cos(omega x)
for omega -> 0 should be 1). Is there any known problem with this
integration scheme? Or maybe I
didn't set properly the parameters?

s.