[Help-gsl] ode equation definition

From: Gary Paterson
Subject: [Help-gsl] ode equation definition
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 14:58:20 +0000

I'm trying to use the gsl to solve an ode which I can't define simply.
My aim is to define the ode by calling inside the int (* function)
(double t, const double y[], double dydt[], void * params) function
other functions. These functions will need to take in as parameters t,
and y(t).

I've tried doing this by inside the int (* function) (double t, ...
function converting y[0] into a double and passing the resulting value
and the value for t to the other functions. My attempt must be wrong
however as the result for the conversion of y[0] is nan on all but the
first call to int (* function) (double t, ... .

Is it possible to do what I'm trying to do, and if yes, how would it be done?

Thanks for reading this and any help you can give,