help-gsl

Re: [Help-gsl] Is there a way to change the step size used by the (mult

From: Andrew W. Steiner
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Is there a way to change the step size used by the (multi)root finder?
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 23:12:13 -0500

You can modify the GSL iterate functions to shorten the step size
by factors of two in the case until a legitimate step is found.

See for example lines 833-871 of
http://o2scl.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/o2scl/trunk/src/root/gsl_mroot_hybrids.h?revision=46&view=markup
where I've made a similar modification in the C++ context.

Take care,
Andrew