[Help-gsl] Profiling with GSL -- documentation?

From: Minjae Kim
Subject: [Help-gsl] Profiling with GSL -- documentation?
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 10:45:13 -0500

I am a new user of gsl, and so far I have been very happy.

I realized that while profiling, gprof does not account for objective
function calls
(i.e. the function to be minimized)
from the gsl minimization routine.  Since objective function is
computationally expensive,
I would like to keep track of how often it is called and the time spent in

A quick search online showed that there is a profile build for gsl, but that
is all that I found.
I was wondering if I could get any help before I delve in.