help-gsl

Re: [Help-gsl] Wolfram EllipticK vs gsl_sf_ellint_Kcomp

From: Ruben Van Boxem
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Wolfram EllipticK vs gsl_sf_ellint_Kcomp
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 13:52:04 +0200

A small extra that introduces quite a big problem for me: the
gsl_fs_ellint_Kcomp function takes the sqrt of the argument of Wolfram's
EllipticK, meaning that while Wolfram's EllipticK can perfectly handle
things like

EllipticK(-.4)

I see no (easy) way of doing such a thing in terms of GSL's elliptic
functions.

There may be a workaround for this, but I'm not too well versed in these
things, the function popped up in an analytical solution to an integral I
have to calculate.

Thanks!

Ruben