help-gsl

[Help-gsl] Nonlinea fitting with exit info = 27

From: Jiawei Zhao Zhao
Subject: [Help-gsl] Nonlinea fitting with exit info = 27
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2017 17:56:36 +0000

Dear GSL mailing list.

I am new to GSL and trying to fit a Non linear function. the function is given
below.

y = A*( ( b / (x-r0) ) ^ m- B* ( b / (x-r0) ) ^ n)

I modified an example of non linear fitting (code attached). The function
successfully complied  and first deviation gives correct value.

However, when I test with generating data from:

A=1, b= 2.5, m=12, n=6, r0=0 and B=1

and try to fit it start from

A=1, b= 2.4, m=12, n=6, r0=0 and B=1

The iteration seems stopped at the first steps with info = 27.

Can anyone help me on this?

Regards.

Jiawei Zhao