help-gss

Re: libgss1 -> libgss2 transition?

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: libgss1 -> libgss2 transition?
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 19:45:05 +0200

Russ Allbery <address@hidden> writes:

> Sounds fine to me, and I don't think it will cause any problems.  I'm
> happy to do the upload; just ping me when you're ready for it.

Hi Russ, could you please upload now, to experimental first?  Use the
latest daily snapshot [1] as the source, and the debian packaging stuff
from CVS.  For me it builds under linux, mac, windows, and the debian
package is lintian free on my system, so I think v1.0.0 is almost ready,
but I'd like to avoid a 1.0.1 soon after just because it doesn't build
on the buildd's.

Btw, the version number in changelog maybe should be modified to include
a date, so that the real gss-1.0.0 upload will be newer.  I'm not sure
how to best do that, 1.0.0~20100329-1?  On the other hand, maybe
uploading 1.0.0-1 to experimental now and then 1.0.0-2 to unstable later
works just as fine.

If you have any comments (even stylistic) on the packaging code, please
let me know, as I'm still learning debian packaging.  I'm co-maintaining
the gsasl debian package in git and have learned to appreciate that, so
possibly one improvement would be to move to git for gss & shishi too.
The packaging uses CDBS and I'm not sure that is considered the best
packaging tool any more (or if it ever was), so switching to something
else would be another option -- but I don't know to what.

/Simon

[1] http://daily.josefsson.org/gss/gss-20100329.tar.gz