Libreboot + WDE + GuixSD: Need some advice

From: Stephen Sloan
Subject: Libreboot + WDE + GuixSD: Need some advice
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 22:05:36 -0700

I am looking for some advice.

I'm am setting up a libreboot + whole disk encryption + guixsd laptop.  Libreboot has grub in the BIOS, which allows for encrypting the whole disk.

According to the libreboot docs, I can make the grub config available at /boot/grub/libreboot_grub.cfg and the grub installed on the BIOS will load and use that config file.  I've installed guixsd with --no-grub, I have libreboot installed, and the disk encrypted, now I just need to make it bootable!

I think I need to make the correct grub config file available at that location whenever I reconfigure.  I can manage the coding, but I'd like hints on the best way to go about this with guix.

There are some other options I've considered.  I could reflash my BIOS as part of the reconfiguration process.  Or maybe I could chain-load two grub installations, possibly with an unencrypted /boot.

What do people do when they don't have GuixSD manage their grub configuration?

ref: https://libreboot.org/docs/gnulinux/grub_cbfs.html,
      https://libreboot.org/docs/gnulinux/encrypted_parabola.html

Thanks!