Using Guix API in a foreign distribution

From: sirgazil
Subject: Using Guix API in a foreign distribution
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2017 09:46:31 -0500

Hi,

I'm using Guix 20170415.01 (binary installation) on Debian 8, and I was
hoping to use the Guix API by installing the guix package as a normal
user, but it seems Guile can't find guix modules:

$ guile
GNU Guile 2.2.0
Copyright (C) 1995-2017 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

Guile comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type `,show w'.
This program is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; type `,show c' for details.

Enter `,help' for help.
scheme@(guile-user)> (use-modules (guix packages))
While compiling expression:
ERROR: no code for module (guix packages)

I'm using Guile from Guix, and I have all the environment variables set
as suggested by "guix package --search-paths". Also, I can install Guile
libraries from Guix and Guile finds them without problems.

So, is anyone able to use the Guix API in this way, or do you have to
clone the Guix repository for that?

Thanks,

---

https://sirgazil.bitbucket.io/