Kernel panic - not syncing: attempting to kill init! when booting GuixSD

From: Christopher Baines
Subject: Kernel panic - not syncing: attempting to kill init! when booting GuixSD
Date: Wed, 24 May 2017 16:26:25 +0100

Hey,

So I deleted some system generations from one of my GuixSD systems, then
rebooted. Unfortunately, I can no longer get it to boot. I think the
latest system generation should work, and at least one of the previous
generations should work.

Excluding the generations that I removed, the others don't boot. All I
can really gather so far is a call stack, and the message:

I'm uncertain that this is something I have done wrong, I'm pretty sure
I was using the latest system generation when I ran guix gc, and I'm
assuming that it is the garbage collection that has stopped things working.

I'm going to try and make some time to see if I can get this system back
working again. I'm not sure how realistic this is, but I'm planning to
start by using the installation image, and somehow running  guix system
reconfigure.

Has anyone done anything similar before, or have any ideas about how
this happened, how to get more information out about why Linux panics,
or how to fix it?

Thanks,

Chris