Re: File Managers shows many devices that are not drives, in i3 but not

From: ng0
Subject: Re: File Managers shows many devices that are not drives, in i3 but not in GNOME
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2017 16:04:52 +0000

address@hidden transcribed 0.8K bytes:
> In i3-wm my pcmanfm and nautilus, and probably other file systems display all
> these devices like:
>
> pts
> shm
> store
> systemd
> user
> cgroup
> blkio
>
> which browse to /dev/pts, /dev/sdm, /gnu/store, ... when clicked on.
>
> These things shouldn't appear at all, additionally, my usb drives and extra
> hard drive are not automounted or recognised in pcmanfm/nautilus. I don't
> know how to begin debugging this so I'm wondering if anyone else understands
> what's going on.
>
> My OS config is here: https://paste.debian.net/996688/
> It occurs when my config is launched in a VM too so it isn't caused by my
> config files in HOME.

I have the same in an older MATE Desktop (old == not including my new work) on
an older,
randomly disfunctional computer. They show up on the Desktop as drives, and
first appeared
many weeks ago. After a couple of reboots they disappear.
I think XFCE and iirc awesome show the drives aswell, so I did not consider it
to be
a bug per se.
--
GnuPG: A88C8ADD129828D7EAC02E52E22F9BBFEE348588
GnuPG: https://dl.n0.is/dist/keys/