Re: Best practices for Guix environment variables on foreign distro

From: Jorge
Subject: Re: Best practices for Guix environment variables on foreign distro
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2018 17:32:07 +0000

March 13, 2018 9:38 AM, "Adonay Felipe Nogueira" <address@hidden> wrote:

>> 16.04LTS) and it works fine. Sourcing ~/.guix-profile/etc/profile from
>> $HOME/.profile, on the other hand, prevents logins to GNOME or Unity
>> sessions.
>
> I don't know if Unity respects ${XDG_DATA_DIRS}, but I hope so. If it does:
> then perhaps because you have to treat ${XDG_DATA_DIRS} specially, as I
> explained in other posts.
I forgot to mention that I run Ubuntu GNOME.

When I arrive home (I am at work) I will look at the suggestions in
this thread.

Thank you in advance.

- I am Brazilian.  I hope my English is correct and I welcome feedback
- Please adopt free formats like PDF, ODF, Org, LaTeX, Opus, WebM and 7z
- Free/libre software for Android: https://f-droid.org/
- [[https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html][What is free software?]]