Re: keyboard layout and system locale

From: hub . lombard
Subject: Re: keyboard layout and system locale
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2018 11:27:24 +0100 (CET)

----- Mail original -----
De: "Catonano" <address@hidden>
À: "hub lombard" <address@hidden>
Cc: "help-guix" <address@hidden>
Envoyé: Samedi 17 Mars 2018 10:56:34
Objet: Re: keyboard layout and system locale

Hi Hubert,

thank you so much for your concern :-)

Hi Catonano :)

I don't know if I can help, but here'is my own configuration, maybe it can work
for you:

# guix package -i setxkbmap

setxkbmap is now installed.

In the host system, right ?

Hmmm... I can't remember... I think it was instead into the default root
account in full console.

It doesn' t need to be available in the guest too, right ?

I think so but not absolutely sure...

Then I just added this line (console-keymap-service "fr") into
%desktop-services:

# vim /etc/config.scm

;; Add GNOME and/or Xfce---we can choose at the log-in

;; screen with F1. Use the "desktop" services, which

;; include the X11 log-in service, networking with Wicd,

;; and more.

(services (cons* (gnome-desktop-service)

(xfce-desktop-service)

(console-keymap-service "fr")

%desktop-services))

Reconfiguration of 'config.scm'

# guix system reconfigure /etc/config.scm

After the reboot, I choice "fr" in the gnome session and it works.

Thanks

I' ll let you know ;-)

Yes, don't hesitate :)

Hubert