Re: Package requests: Udisks helpers (udiskie, udevil)

From: Chris Marusich
Subject: Re: Package requests: Udisks helpers (udiskie, udevil)
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2018 21:45:48 +0200

Pierre Neidhardt <address@hidden> writes:

> Conclusion: a udev rule might solve part of the problem (auto-mounting) but
> it does not allow for per-user mount points.
>
> In the end, udiskie might be the better option.  What do you think?

My only experience here is in using udev rules to mount disks in systems
as a specific unprivileged user.  I would install the rule as a
privileged user, and then enjoy the automatic mounting as an
unprivileged user.  I don't know how to accomplish that for multiple
unprivileged users, and I don't know how to accomplish it without
installing the udev rules as a privileged user first.  It could very
well be that helper programs like udiskie provide those sort of
features.  If so, then that's probably the right path, I think.

--
Chris