Re: Adding chainloader stanzas to Grub

From: 白い熊@相撲道
Subject: Re: Adding chainloader stanzas to Grub
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2018 10:41:20 +0000

On April 29, 2018 8:15:23 PM UTC, Joshua Branson <address@hidden> wrote:

>Why do you need to do a chainloader?  You could just boot into PureOS
>right?

There are two reasons I see for using a chainloader:

To boot directly—like you do, you have to always symlink the latest kernel and
initramfs in the PureOS, or other GNU system, boot dir to the generic ones that
you mention in the config.

Also if you need to boot let's say the Windows partition, you can do it via the
PureOS GRUB menu, since it will have an OS prober entry for this partition.

For both you need to use chainloader, not direct boot. So that's what I'd like
to do via system reconfigure—currently I have to manually edit the generated
grub.cfg file.
--
白い熊@相撲道